Monday, May 2, 2011

Monster Portfolio 2011 Week 16 Results

MONSTER PORTFOLIO 2011

Balance: Inception 01/07/11
$1977.32 Stock
$13.65 Cash
Total $1990.97

Balance: End of Week 15 04/29/11
$2,147.59 Stock
$86.96 Cash
Total $2,234.55


Excluding cash inflow of $290.50 we have a balance of $1,944.05. Up another +1.80% from last week

Since Inception: -2.35% (Almost back to even)

Not a bad run from last week’s results. I did however get crushed today with Weatherford International (WFT) as the fund managers decided to take down the oil service stocks due to the recent downward pressure on oil. To tell you the truth I’m glad oil is trying to go down as I will save more money in gas then I will make with WFT. LOL! Oil prices are at ridiculous levels. On my way home from work today I saw $4.29 a gallon at the Shell station. This has got to stop.

If I have to take a short term hit on WFT I’m okay with that. It will be easier on my wallet! WFT will bounce back in the short term. Now all we need now is for crude to plummet to the 90’s. Now that’s what I’m talking about!

Next week I’ll have Week 17 Results plus the 1 year performance of the stock prediction game. I’m interested to see how I did. With the recent great results from Caterpillar (CAT) I have a feeling the 1 year performance of the prediction game will be solid vs. the indices.

Current Holdings:
Apple (AAPL) my take- buy more!
Cosi Inc. (COSI) my take- sleeper good long term play
Weatherford International (WFT) my take- buy much more! Load up the truck.

Clay-

No comments:

Post a Comment