Thursday, September 23, 2010

Westport! Westport! Westport Innovations!

First off I would like to say the stock market is doing extremely well. We have had some positive data over the past week and today’s sell off is no big deal. The market has been running higher for the past couple weeks. Everything in life is required to have a cooling off period and today was one of them. Plus all the negative Nancy’s had a reason to complain because jobless claims were higher than expected. Big deal! One week! 3 out of 4 weeks of better jobless claims is a win in my book.

Now look at the title of this blog! Westport! I’m going to push this stock relentlessly until everyone that follows my blog has some portion of money in this bad boy. I haven’t come up with a nickname for this great Canadian company just yet, but I’m working on it.

Now I’m going to break it down one more time with Westport (WPRT). Just recently on Wednesday the buzz has come back into passing the energy bill that was sidelined right before the government went on vacation. If you watch TV or surf the Internet majority leader Harry Reid has brought the revised energy bill back on the table with confidence.  The key word is Confidence! One of the major short term catalysts for Westport was and still is the passage of this new energy bill. This bill could potentially send WPRT stock to surge through the roof! This is no joke! Imagine a company as small as Westport with a current market cap of 748.19 Million getting money handed to them by the government.  A couple $100 Million hand me out by the government and this stock could double if not triple in a short period of time.  If this bill passes the government will basically give money back to those who purchase vehicles that run on natural gas instead of diesel. My day job is in transportation and the reduction of fuel cost is $$$ for any company that moves freight for a living. It’s a no brainer!

Back on September 12th I mentioned how WPRT was so quiet. I said that’s the best time to buy. Since then WPRT has spooled up like a TURBO and has blown past the majority of stocks going from a September 10th close of $16.62 a share to today’s close of $18.94. That’s roughly a 14% GAIN in 9 trading days. 9! Many look to pull of this kind of gain in a year. Westport did it in 9 days! Now don’t get too carried away, but there is plenty of buying interest in this stock ahead of the possibility of this energy bill to pass after the November elections. My suggestion is to wait for the stock to cool off. The volume has been big and my only guess is fund managers and large institutions are getting in ahead of the news. I say we still have plenty of time to get in before the big run up.

It’s not out of the question that WPRT could blow past its 52 week high by November! That means all of us could profit roughly another 13% with this stock by November. Hey I could be wrong, but I believe that November could really heat up this already great Canadian company we call Westport Innovations. Plus November is my birthday month! I’m feeling lucky.

Take a chance and put some money on the line with Westport Innovations. It’s a great play on alternative energy. Below are all my recent posts talking about WPRT. This truly is a great company that has moved up to Monster Status. Check it out!

http://stockmarketmonster.blogspot.com/2010/09/westport-innovations-wprt-why-so-quiet.html

http://stockmarketmonster.blogspot.com/2010/08/westport-innovations-w-p-r-t.html

http://stockmarketmonster.blogspot.com/2010/06/can-you-say-westport-innovations.html

Clay-

Monster Status (definition of stocks I currently like)

Monster Status- Apple (AAPL)
Monster Status- Caterpillar (CAT)
Monster Status- Weatherford International (WFT)
Monster Status- Westport Innovations (WPRT)
Monster Status- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (KMP)

Have a Question? Send Questions to wheatleycsmk@gmail.com
New Content every Thursday and Sunday.
Occasional Stock Market Commentary during the week.
Feedback Welcome!
Interested? Please become a follower (This gives me an accurate number of readership) I would like to see this number grow! Click the follow button on the right hand side of the screen and follow the prompts. It's easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment