Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lookin Good Stock Market!

Everything has been lining up perfectly.  The stock market is firing on all cylinders.  Next stop weekly jobless claims which should be released tomorrow as well as the (PPI) Producer Price Index.  I believe the numbers will continue to be good with jobless claims falling 2 straight weeks.  It will be a huge positive if we can get 3 in a row. 

The stock market has been reacting very positive lately as investors are becoming more optimistic.  That's what I like to see!  Anyways that's the big market moving news for tomorrow.  In the meantime continue to look for new investments.  One area that has caught my attention is Energy.  I personally would look to invest in an oil service company at the moment.  The Energy sector has been crushed beyond belief and with crude oil inventories dropping for the past couple of weeks and the heating season is right around the corner everyone will need to put gas in their cars and heat their home. Personally I believe more gas is consumed in the winter because many people start their car in the morning and let sit idle to warm up.  Just a thought!

My favorite oil service company is still Weatherford International (WFT), but I also like Schlumberger (SLB) the largest of the bunch.  Other great names that I see have been moving up rather nicely is the Peoria Powerhouse!  AKA Caterpillar (CAT).  Just today it closed at $72.13 just $0.70 off its 52 week high of $72.83.  CAT is no joke!  They are here to stay.  There will be many more great quarters for the Peoria Powerhouse.  Also, on my favorite list is the all powerful Apple (AAPL). Just the other day Jim Cramer raised his price target to $325 a share.  That means this stock could run another $50 a share.  Don't be put off by the high stock price of $270.22.  Just buy the thing!  This a great quality company.  With the iPad spreading like wild fire in China this stock will move much higher. This companies growth story is truly amazing!  If I had to buy only one stock right now this would be my absolute pick.

Well that's it for me!  Enjoy the rest of your week.  I will be back on Sunday.  I posted early because I will be attending a great Jason Mraz concert tomorrow.  If you missed Sunday's blog from the 11th please fill out the questions at the end.  Your responses are greatly appreciated!

Happy Trading!

Clay-

No comments:

Post a Comment