Monday, July 25, 2011

Apple Insight/Monster Portfolio 2011 Week 28 Results



MONSTER PORTFOLIO 2011


Balance: Inception 01/07/11
$1977.32 Stock
$13.65 Cash
Total $1990.97

Balance: End of Week 27 07/22/11
$2,525.70 Stock
$32.85 Cash
Total $2,558.55

Since Inception: +3.36%

Excluding cash inflow of $500.50 we have a balance of $2,058.05.  Wow it has been a wild ride.  I’m finally back in the black as my portfolio closed in the positive. 5 weeks ago I was down -20.16%.  I made some big bets and they paid off!  I went on a run and was able to tack on $468.47 in added value to the Monster Portfolio 2011.  A +23.52% move.  That’s an average of 4.7% per week.  I’m now within striking distance of my goal for the year of up +10.0%

I briefly touched on Apple last Tuesday, but now I will get into more detail.  I’m going to re post some old information with some added insight to Apples results (This checklist is great!)

-Highest quarterly revenue in Apple’s history

-Record sales for the iPhone and iPad

-Record June sales for Mac

-$28.57 billion in sales yoy growth of 82% (yoy stands for year over year growth)

-Net Profit $7.31 Billion EPS of $7.79 a share


 Units sold per product


-9.25 million iPads sold in June quarter.  A 183% unit increase over a year ago qtr

-20.34 million iPhones sold vs. 8.4 million sold.  A 142% yoy growth

-3.95 million Macs sold.  A 14% yoy growth vs. the market growth of 2.6%

-7.54 million iPods sold vs. 9.4 million.  A decrease of 1.06 million iPods sold

As you can see from the numbers the iPad and iPhone sales are on fire.  Triple digit growth is unheard of and Apple continues to deliver!  Other positive points include

-iPod sales are down, but Apple still has over 70% of the mp3 market

-iPhone is available through 228 carriers and sold in 105 countries

-iTunes generated $1.4 Billion in revenue.  A 36% increase yoy growth

-Store sales increased to $10.8 million per store vs. $9 million with a total of 325 Stores

-Apple sold every iPad they could make

I’m upbeat on Apple’s outlook.  With the soon launch of iCloud and the up and coming release of the iPhone 5 Apple should continue to have record breaking quarters!  Even at $398.50 a share the stock is still cheap. My recommendation is to wait for some weakness in the stock and load up on the way down.  Check out Apple's chart!  It has been on a tear!


Tomorrow we have (WFT) Weatherford International reporting earnings.  This stock has let me down numerous times, so I’m not going to say a word.  Since my last purchase of WFT I have a 9.59% lead.  If the numbers and outlook are bad I will sell this stock in a heartbeat!  I will lock in my gains and move on.  From the recent buying activity I don’t see this happening, but I have to stay cautious.  With the recent news from Schlumberger and Baker Hughes stating the international business is coming back I believe WFT won’t let me down.  I’m also interested to see what (F) Ford has to say tomorrow.  I may be a buyer depending on the outlook. 

(WFT) Weatherford International 3 month Candle Stick Chart.  Strong momentum to the upside

  
Current Holdings:
Apple (AAPL)
Cosi Inc. (COSI)
Weatherford International (WFT)

(All Apple data was provided by the companies conference call)

Clay-

No comments:

Post a Comment