Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Monster Is Back! Stock Objectives For 2011

Hello Everyone!  I hope everyone had a great time during the holiday's. 

It's time to get the ball rolling for 2011. I've decided to start a few new stock projects for the new year.  Today will be an introduction of what I have in store for the 2011 trading year.  The list follows

1. The new project of the year will consist my real money stock picks with a small portion of holdings.  I will be using one of my accounts that I currently have, which I own WFT and COSI.  My reasoning for this project is to show others that money can be made even with a small initial investment.  This account has roughly $2,000.00.  This project is big time for me!  $2,000 may not seem like a ton of money, but with this project I will put my expertise on the line and prove that money can build overtime with the correct investments.  On top of this I will mimic someone contributing money on a monthly basis.  Be aware that until the account reaches $10,000 diversification will be thrown out the window. (I'm trying to build money in a short period of time)  At $10,000 I will diversify into 5 individual stocks at $2,000 a piece.  The great thing about this project is I'm held accountable to my stock picks.  I will let everyone know when I change my holdings the week that I make a trade.  The balance of the account will be updated at the close of each trading week. (FRIDAY)  The great thing about this project as it will continue for years to come.  As long as this blog continues this project will continue you on! I'm basically establishing my portfolio for everyone to see.  The portfolio will be known as the (Monster Portfolio 2011).  The portfolio will begin after tomorrow's closing prices.

2. The stock prediction game will continue on, however the visibility of this will be apparent at the end of each trading week. This way everyone will be able to see the progress of my stock picks back from when I first started the prediction game on May 2nd 2010. This should be fun!

3. The Buy list.  This will include stocks I would buy.  The basis of my picks will be unknown.  My research is extensive and writing about a stock every time I would like to buy would be a full time job.  The buy list is a suggestion of stocks that I believe will move up in price.  I will provide the ticker symbols and you will have to do the research to see if you would like to invest your money in that stock.  I look at stock charts on a daily basis and I already know the fundamentals and the outlook of an individual stock.  The buy list will consist of a handful of stocks and will be posted randomly during the week.  (Check back frequently on this one.  The buy list will provide plenty of money making opportunities)

4. Twitter.  I plan on increasing my participation on twitter.  This will give everyone a chance to follow my tweets and have an opportunity to respond back with questions or comments.  Twitter is convenient for those who have access to twitter on their cell phones.  Sending emails can be slow and Twitter is a great alternative. 

That's all she wrote.  I'm excited for 2011 as it should be a great year for stocks.

FYI... COSI is on a roll!  Currently at $1.49 a share.  Last time I recommended this stock was on 10/17/10 at $1.03 a share.  Up 44.6%. Speculation does pay off! Also, GM up on a down day.  Looks like buying interest has increased since GM went public. A stock up on a down day is a great sign of higher prices to come.

http://stockmarketmonster.blogspot.com/2010/10/cosi-up-over-12-on-friday.html

Have a great night!

Clay-

No comments:

Post a Comment