Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monster Portfolio 2011 Week 10 Results

MONSTER PORTFOLIO 2011

Balance: Inception 01/07/11
$1977.32 Stock
$13.65 Cash
Total $1990.97

Balance: Week 10 03/21/11
$1,988.23 Stock
$41.16 Cash
Total $2,029.39

Excluding cash inflow of $170.00 we have a balance of $1,859.39. So I’m 10 weeks in and I haven’t made a dime. LOL! What can I say, but the fact is stocks are struggling right now. I’m heavily weighted in Apple and they were hit with a downgrade last week, which sent the stock down hard. It’s not the time to cut and run and for the time being my portfolio will be negatively impacted. As of yesterday the tide may turn in Apple’s favor with the announcement of AT&T to acquire T Mobile. If the deal goes through Apple will have an additional 34 million new customers to convert over to the iPhone. It’s a winning deal for Apple. I’m not the least bit worried about Apple. Over the past 2 days Apple has went up $10.23 a share or 3.18% from Friday’s close. It’s a start! Lastly, I would like to say that oil really has a strangle hold on this market. I’m all for profit, but $105 a barrel for crude oil is hurting the consumer. I see it on a daily basis. People are driving less and its hurting the pocket book enough to detour spending. If we can get back to $90 oil we should be good to go!

Since Inception: -6.61% overall (It’s a nightmare for now. Patience is the key for Apple owners and I’m one of them)

Current Holdings:
Apple (AAPL)
Cosi Inc. (COSI)
Weatherford International (WFT)

Have a great night!

Clay-

No comments:

Post a Comment