Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apple has done it again!

Apple continues to amaze me!  Here is the breakdown of their recent earnings report today.

-Record quarterly revenue of $46.33 Billion on profits of $13.06 Billion
-$46.33 Billion vs. last yrs results of $26.74 Billion equates to a 73.2% increase in revenues
-Gross margins were 44.7% vs. last yrs results of 38.5%

Sales Results by product

-37.04 million iPhone sold- 128% increase vs. last year
-15.43 million iPads sold- 111% increase vs. last year
-5.2 million Macs sold- 26% increase vs. last year
-15.4 million iPods sold- 21% decrease vs. last year

-Numbers were derived from apple.com

On the surface Apple looks extremely strong, but I still must listen to the conference call.  I did hear on the way home from work that Apple may have a plan for the large amount of cash they have on hand.  That current number is a solid $97.7 Billion.  My vote is to pay out a dividend to all of the loyal shareholders!!! LOL! 

Apple is trading at $451.20 a share in after hours.  Up +7.34% Another 52 week high

It seems like the 52 week high trend continues when I'm out of my favorite stocks.  I have 0 shares of Apple (AAPL) at the moment.  Oh wait!  And I have 0 shares of Westport Innovations (WPRT), which conveniently hit a 52 week high as well closing at $38.06 a share.  Up +6.91% on huge volume.  It appears the big boys are betting Westport is going to go higher.  I'm guessing that with the current prices of natural gas vs. oil prices that natural gas is becoming very enticing.  Enticing as a bridge fuel to replace the reliance of crude oil.  It just so happens that President Obama will be addressing energy and job concerns tonight at 9:00pm.  The State Of The Union Address could uncover the recent upside action in Westport today. 

Congratulations to those that own Apple and Westport as of today.  I know someone is making money! 

P.S. Weatherford is currently on my radar.

Happy Trading!

Clay-

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to a few of my favorite and currently owned stocks: WPRT, CAT, APPL, WFT !!! And also thanks to my investment advisor......the Stock Market Monster!!!

    ReplyDelete