Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stay Cautious!!!

Hello Everyone! 

The message for today is to not get to excited!  The market has been performing very well since the beginning of the New Year, but I believe many stocks are in overbought status.  I'm basing this solely off technical analysis.  The charts are telling me that in the near future we could have a pull back to lower prices. 

I can honestly say that I have been out of the market for the past few weeks and have missed a portion of the upside.  There were a few stocks that I had my eye on, but I was unable to get in at a good price.  If you currently have any major gains it would be a good idea to lock in some profits over the next few days.  Currently I'm not a buyer of any of my favorite stocks at the moment.

Lower prices= increased activity for me. LOL! 

I can disclose that I sold Apple (AAPL) and Weatherford (WFT) over the past 2 days in another account.  I was able to lock in a nice +8.14% gain after fees in Apple which I bought at $388.36 a share back on 11/15/11 and sold out yesterday 01/09/12 at $424.81.  In regards to WFT I was able to make a solid +14.88% return off of my money.  I bought WFT on 12/19/11 at $13.48 a share and sold out today 01/10/12 at $15.87.  I was trying to put more money into WFT, but I was never given an opportunity after that day. 

Needless to say my accounts are filled with a majority of cash and I'm itching to buy anything that comes my way!  

In the end be patient and never be overly excited when your stocks run up.  Sell into strength and continue to look for the next investment opportunity! Earnings season is here and there is a lot of uncertainty of how companies are doing.  Pay attention to your favorite stocks and listen to the conference calls...

I have my eye on Westport (WPRT) at the moment.  The stock has been holding pretty strong.  I thought it would have sold off by now.  I will have to wait and see.

Happy Trading!

Also, I attached my video blog link from last week.  I ran into some technical difficulties if anyone missed it!

Monster Portfolio Year End Results 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGA8vURBL8

Clay-

1 comment:

  1. I think your comment about a sell-off is highly possible. It may be time to sell.

    ReplyDelete