Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monster Portfolio Week 36 Results


MONSTER PORTFOLIO 2011


Balance: Inception 01/07/11
$1977.32 Stock
$13.65 Cash
Total $1990.97

Balance: End of Week 35 09/16/11
$2,413.95 Stock
$100.38 Cash
Total $2,514.33

Since Inception: -4.13%

Back out cash inflow and we have a balance of $1,908.83. 

Last week was great for my portfolio as I cut my losses from being down -9.52% to close Friday down slightly at -4.13%.  That’s a +5.39% to the upside.  Yesterday seemed as if I would continue to make money, but my excitement was tempered by the last few hours of trading today.  With the Fed talking to tomorrow sell offs late in the day are normal. 

I did however enjoy  Apple (AAPL) continuing on hitting another 52 week high closing at $413.45 a share.  Even though Apple has been on a phenomenal run I believe this stock will continue higher.  Weatherford (WFT) on the other hand is driving me crazy!  My confidence is extremely high with WFT, but yet this stock doesn’t want to budge.  I’m not sure what is holding up the oil service stocks, but the selling cannot last.  It won’t!  The demand for oil is still strong. Oil service is a long term trend and I’m not backing down from WFT.  If anyone has money to put to work, that is where I would go.  WFT! WFT! At $15.56 a share this stock is a steal.  I liked it at $20.00 a share.  So if you buy it now you will have a solid gain in excess of 25% by the time it reaches $20.  That’s right you have a huge advantage on me! 

P.S. Westport (WPRT) is slightly up from when I advised to sell on Thursday and today was the first sign of weakness.  Please stay away.

Clay-

“When in doubt buy more!”

Current Holdings:
Apple (AAPL)
Cosi Inc. (COSI)
Weatherford International (WFT)

2 comments:

  1. I have already done what you have instructed. Bought some WFT. Sold WPRT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the next step is to get the stock market to agree with our stock picks. Today wasn't a good start. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. On a positive note WFT and WPRT are now much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete