Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Westport Innovations (WPRT) Insider Buying!!!

Westport Innovations is back on the radar! I just got done performing my daily research of my current holdings and I came across some information that must always be shared.  That's right!  Insider buying. 

I'm surprised I didn't catch this over the weekend, but Kevin Douglas one of the largest shareholders purchased 500,000 shares or $22.3 million worth of stock.  That is by far one of the largest insider purchases I have ever seen.  The last time Kevin Douglas purchased stock was back on 07/16/2010 at much lower prices.  Obviously, this guy made a ton of money since then!  This recent purchase shows tremendous confidence in WPRT!  $22.3 million worth of confidence.  That's a lot of money to put on the line no matter who you are.  Although, the stock has run up almost 10% since the buy, this purchase adds to the positive outlook for WPRT in 2012.

Money has been pouring into this company like crazy!  Since the beginning of the year this stock has run up +46.54%  All I can say is cha ching... $$$

Have a great night!  Below is an update of my Monster Portfolio as of Friday 03/16/12

MONSTER PORTFOLIO 2011

Balance: Inception 01/07/11
$1,977.32 Stock
$13.65 Cash
Total $1,990.97

Balance: As of Friday 03/16/12
$2,988.66 Stock
$8.96 Cash
Total $2,997.62

Since Inception: 20.15%

Back out cash inflow and we have a balance of $2,392.12

Clay-

Full Disclosure

Current Holdings:
Cosi Inc. (COSI)-Monster Portfolio
Caterpillar (CAT)
Procter & Gamble (PG)
Westport Innovations (WPRT)
Weatherford International (WFT)-Monster Portfolio
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP)

1 comment:

  1. This is good news. I also bought some CLNE and it has increased for 16.48%.

    ReplyDelete